Search This Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Till I Go Home

Park in Canton, NY last fall.
God gives us so many ways to spend our days,
so many opportunities to enjoy ourselves.
What should we choose?

                 
My days are numbered, Lord.
What would You have me do with these days?

What is Your will?
Will I look back from Eternity 

    and regret what I did not do?
Or regret the ways I wasted my time?

Please guide me, Father
to make my time productive and fruitful
until the day I go home to You.
     Amen

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. 
 Psalm 90:12

Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
  a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
  a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
  a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones
     and a time to gather them,
  a time to embrace
     and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
  a time to keep and a time to throw away
a time to tear and a time to mend,
  a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
  a time for war and a time for peace.

 What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race.  He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.  That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-13



             
              
This frozen river shines with the reflected beauty of the sun.
                       You make all things beautiful in their time, Lord.
                          Please make me beautiful in your eyes.
                    Teach me to live my days for Your honor and glory.
                        
Help me to follow Your commandments 
                                         
to love You first and best
                             and then to love my neighbor as myself.



Blessing
May you be blessed, my friend with the joy
    of living for the Lord.
May you find peace and fulfillment
    in doing His work all the days of your life.
May you feel His love and grace in your soul
And may you find final rest in the arms 
    of your Loving Father.

                                Sunset on Lake Colby
        seen from my husband's hospital room in November, 2017.
                    When the sun sets on your days, my friend,
                I pray you see the Son coming to take you home.
                       Enjoy the pleasures that God Lord gives you
                         let Him help you through the hard times
                            and make your days count for Him.

All photos taken by Debbie unless otherwise noted.
All bible reference from the NIV
     unless otherwise noted.
If you are interested,
    you can click on the Blog Archive
    dates on the top right side of this post
    to connect to previous blog posts.
I would love to hear from you either 
    on the comment section of this blog post
    or through my email.
    debbieamcewen@gmail.com
I post every other Saturday.
The next post will be next year on February 24, 2018.


                         Our last "super moon" (1-30-2018).
                            I couldn't see the red tints that were expected
                                  but it was big and it was beautiful
                                       as is all of God's creation. 
   

4 comments:

  1. Super post, Debbie. I trust many will take your message seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and post. Reminds me of that Byrds song of the 60's, Turn, Turn, Turn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prayer and Scripture are definitely appropriate for me. And you photos are magnificent. Your post is so artistic and beautiful. Thank you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete