Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Springtime Battles

Muddy, muddy, gush, gush
As my feet go push, push
Across the sift and wet, wet ground

Mud tries hard to suck me down
Tries to take my shoes and keep me
But I stand firm and keep on going
Shoes stay on but mud is showing
Remnants of my springtime battle
With that soft and gushy ground

Snow in places still is showing
As my feet do keep on going
Across the muddy, gushy ground

My destination soon I'm reaching
As my feet continue breaching
Springtime muddy, wet, wet ground

I look back and see my journey
Footprints rapidly are learning
Power of the soft and gushy ground

How amazing is the power
Of the mud that makes us cower
When we wage our springtime battles
With the soft and muddy ground.


Commentary:
I wrote this poem the year I broke my leg.  I was getting the garbage can out by the road and struggling with a "boot" cast one one foot and a sneaker on the other.  The weather and the muddy ground was like it is right now and the words came to me as I got to my house.

When I read it today, it seems almost a parallel for the spiritual battles that we wage.  The mud is the sin that tries to bog us down.  It tries to suck us in the ways of the world.  It tries to take our decency and our humanity from us. However, if we keep on trying and keep our eye on our goal, which is our home for eternity, we definitely can prevail.  Most of the time, we need a helping hand along the way and our Father will provide that - if we only accept.
  
Our shoes and feet, our souls get dirty along the way.  Just as we can wash off the mud, our Father can wash away the sin.

We win in the end, just as long as we don't give up.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33


                             This is the little brook in springtime. 
                  It is located between my house and West Potsdam, NY

            I really enjoy when the grass turns green and new life returns.


                             I even look forward to the dandelions.


                                   And the crab apple blossoms.
                    How God must rejoice when new life blooms in us.

Blessing:
May you be greatly blessed, my friend with the new life that God is about to sow in your life.
May you burst forth with the beauty of His love, grace and JOY.
Be blessed!


8 comments:

  1. Very timely. This time of year we need a good cleaning of the feet and the soul. I live your seasonal change commentaries and spiritual accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short and to the point. Good job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment that I inadvertently deleted. Be blessed!

      Delete
  4. Your poem is delightful. Just what I needed to read tonight. It cheered me. Thanks, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome and thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete