Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Just for Today, Lord


                                  As I gaze at this beautiful sunset, 
                              I am in awe of Your might and majesty.

Just for today, Lord, let me live Your way.


                       Please, Lord, open my eyes to  see You
                    and Your love in the beauty of Your creation.


Let me know that I cannot live in tomorrow.
I cannot relive yesterday.
Let me know that this moment is the one You give me now.
Let me make the most of it.


                            Your creativity and love, Lord
         are mirrored in the beauty You provide for our enjoyment.


Let me hear You knocking at my door this morning and invite You in.
Let me open my heart and soul to You.

Please fill me with Your love and Your JOY.
Just for today, please take hold of the strongholds of my flesh 
     and open my will to do Your will.


                             These lilies are beautiful 
         because they are true to the plan that the Creator made for them.                                            We too are made beautiful 
                       when we do our best to follow the Word.  
                              We cannot do this on our own 
                  but only through the grace of our Loving Father.
         

I’m not strong enough to handle all the things      
     that will take place in my tomorrows
     or to redo all my mistake and sin filled yesterdays
     but please give me the grace to live today
     to the best of my ability as that ability is guided by You.


I am weak and You are strong.
I am a speck. You are the creator.

I am sinful but You love me so much
     You want to spend eternity with me.



            (Cross on steeple at St.Gabriels Church near Paul Smiths, NY)
                   Lord, may I never forget what You paid for my sins. 
                        Please help me to live as You taught
                     so I can enjoy paradise with You forever.


Please forgive me my sins and help me Lord not to sin for today.

Please take my hand.
Please help me to make this my best day ever.

Please come back tomorrow and repeat.

Amen


                 Because we are made in the image and likeness of God, 
                       we too can reflect Him in all we say and do.
            Please Lord, let me be a loving, Godly reflection of Your love and JOY.
               Let Your light shine in and through me to everyone I meet.

Just for This Moment, Lord

Just for this moment, Lord,
may I enjoy my time with You.
May I praise You
and thank You for the multitude of blessings that I enjoy.
Quiet my thoughts.
Slow my breathing.
Close my eyes.
Just for this moment, Lord,
may I enjoy my time with You.

Amen
                            St. Gabriels Church near Paul Smith's, NY.
                   May we always make time to worship and fellowship 
                                  at the house of our choice, 
                          giving all glory and honor to the Creator 
                              who gives so much to us daily.


All photos taken by Debbie and Tim McEwen unless otherwise noted- used with permission

All bible reference from the NIV
unless otherwise noted


If you are interested,
you can click on the Blog Archive
dates on the top right side of this post
to connect to previous blog posts

I would love to hear from you either on the
comment section of this blog post
or through my email
debbieamcewen@gmail.com

I post every Wednesday and Saturday
The next post will be August 5, 2017


  


  


                     Take time to reflect and REJOICE!

4 comments: