Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Fragrance of the Lord




                            Lilies at Knapps Station Church

Please change me Lord from the sinful person I am
Help me to learn and live Your way


Lord, please make me fragrant with You 
   and Your love
Let me spread Your fragrance with everyone I meet
Let those I meet know that sweet scent is You
Let me spread You, Your love, grace and JOY by my actions and life

Please make my life one of spreading Your fragrance to all I meet


Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

The following lilies were all photographed at Montrose Christian Conference Center.  I was told that a caretaker had planted over 100 varieties of lilies.

                           Love is patient, love is kind.  
            It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
                                 1 Corinthians 13:4

       Love is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it keeps no records of wrongs. 
                                                            1 Corinthians 13:5 


Learning to Love in Simple Ways is a blog post by my friend Jane Ault discussing ways to love and spread the Fragrance of the Lord.

          Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
                               1 Corinthians 13:6

             Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, 
                    always perseveres.  1 Corinthians 13:7

              How do we spread the fragrance of the Lord?  Through love.

                                          Through simple acts of kindness.

          By forgiving even when it isn't deserved - just as God forgives us.

                                By lending a helping hand and a willing ear 

         By using the gifts God gave you, like your sense of humor.

                   By being the unique person that God made 
                 and giving others the freedom to do the same.

                                                           Through respect

                      Through friendship and true concern for others

May you be blessed greatly, my friend 
    by the Lord's incredible lovingkindness 
         that absolutely never fails!

Please note:  New format:  I will publish my blog every Wednesday and Saturday. 
I plan to post shorter posts than those previous to this one.
This was suggested at the Montrose Christian Writer's Conference.
Please let me know what you think.
I would like to write the best blog I can 
to benefit you, my readers 
and give glory to the Father.

All photos taken by Debbie and Tim McEwen unless otherwise noted- used with permission

All bible reference from the NIV
unless otherwise noted


If you are interested,
you can click on the Blog Archive
dates on the top right side of this post
to connect to previous blog posts

I would love to hear from you either on the
comment section of this blog post
or through my email
debbieamcewen@gmail.com

I post every Wednesday and Saturday
The next post will be July 29, 2017



                    Two bee or not to be.  That is the question.
              Will we choose to be His child and drink His lovingkindness 
                                  or will we go without?

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures as alwasy. I like this shortened version of the blog and look forward to your next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie: It is lovely, easier to read than a long post, and very enjoyable. Thank you for having a teachable spirit, so open to new suggestions. The Lord will honor you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I appreciate your guidance. May God bless you greatly for your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your new format. Great message and beautiful pictures. Cor.1-13 is one of my favorite scriptures

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like it. 1 Cor. 13 is one of my favorites too. I loved it before I even knew it was from the Bible. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. So glad to hear you are doing better. Debbie

    ReplyDelete