Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Heart Shouts for Joy

              On our darkest days, God will always be with us.
                             We only need to look up.


The dark days come and tempt me to give up
It becomes so difficult to go on at times
Some days hurt so badly
Some days I just want it to stop hurting
I just want to stop being
I don't think I can take any more



                      He is the Way, the Truth and the Light.
                         We only need to look for His path.
Then You tap me on the shoulder
And I turn back to You
You, who are always waiting for me to reach out
No matter what has happened
No matter what I have done or haven't done
You are always there


                   He gives beauty and light even to the gray days.
And when I come to You
You soothe my pains
You replace my empti
ness with Your love


    Just as the snow makes all things beautiful, so does God's love.
You are always the light at the end of the tunnel
You find the way to turn things around



    The clouds give great beauty to this sunset in my backyard.
       Our experiences and even our problems
          give great beauty to our lives
             if we only cooperate
       and allow God to help us through them.
You create solutions where none existed
You change my tears of sorrow to tears of pure joy
I delight to be in Your presence
To feel Your love
You fill my soul
You fill my being with Your love
My heart shouts for joy because You are with me.


   God will bring light and life into our darkest places
           if we only open the door and let Him in.

I will bless the LORD who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the LORD is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Psalm 16:7-11



Please click on the link below to see a Facebook video that demonstrates a tiny portion of the magnitude of God's incredible power. Turn on the sound and go to "full screen."
                The little brook near W. Potsdam is beautiful
                         even in the gray days.
           God makes each of us beautiful with His love and caring.

How can the One who did all this care for each of us so much?

How could this all-powerful creator lower Himself to become one of the lowliest of all creation? How could He allow Himself to be tortured to death to save us from ourselves because we could never do enough to accomplish that feat?

How could He do all that?
This little brook on the Wright Rd. W. Potsdam is beautiful
when the sun warms it and melts some of the ice.
Our lives become beautiful when we allow God's love to melt
our hearts and open us to His light and love.

 What lies around the bend in the river at Norwood Pond?
We can only guess.  If we trust God to guide us
around the bends in life's rivers, we can rest assured
that we will be safe.

LOVE!!

Love is the only answer.

Whatever happens to you, whoever you are, know that you matter.

Everything about you matters so much to the Creator.

Know in your heart of hearts that the Almighty One loves you limitlessly.
    
              This is the road from Lake Placid to Saranac.
            The blue shading was caused by it being dusk.
             God can make even our "blue" days beautiful.

...“What is mankind
that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?

You made them
a little lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
and put everything under their feet.”

Hebrews 2:6-8


Book Reviews




Fresh Power by Jim Cymbala

Rev. Cymbala discusses how we can experience the vast resources of the power of God. He gives many words of wisdom to direct us on how to live holy lives in this world and to grow in God.This book is a feast for the soul to be enjoyed and contemplated slowly in small bites. I heartily recommend it.  I borrowed this one from Knapps Station Library. 




The Shepherds Song, A Story of Second Chances by Betsy Duffey and Laurie Myers

This is a story of faith and second chances. A loving mother carefully prints out the 23rd Psalm for her teenage son who has drifted away from God.  He rejects it and God.  Through a series of coincidences, that paper finds its way around the world and touches many souls who find God, including the teenager it was meant for.  


Chasing the Dragon, One Woman's Struggle Against the Darkness of Hong Kong's Drug Dens by Jackie Pullinger 

A powerful true story of a 20 year old English woman who took God at His word and followed His leading halfway around the world to the place where He guided her spread His word. Becauses she lived what she preached, she was able to convert many of the worst drug lords and save many souls for Christ.




Knapps Station Community Church has started a 14 week bible study entitled Preparing to Hear From God by Pricilla Shirer.  

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear from God   -     By: Priscilla Shirer
He Speaks to Me by Pricilla Shirer

It just started this past week and promises to be a very fulfilling study. It's not too late to join.  I am looking forward to it.  



Jean Oathout blogspot "Let Go"

Another great blog post from my friend Jean Oathout.



Voice of the Martyrs

I invite you to check out this link to find out what Christians in some countries suffer just because they believe.  We have no idea how fortunate we are. Please pray for our less fortunate brothers and sisters.  It might surprise you to know that they feel they are the fortunate ones.


Blessing:

May you always be aware of how much God truly loves you.
May you always count your blessings and praise our Loving Father for all He provides.

And may you never lose the sense of wonderment you had as a child as you discover the magnitude of His power, might and endless love for you.


                                       A wintry sunset from my backyard.

All photos taken by Debbie and Tim McEwen unless otherwise noted- 
  used with permission
All bible reference from the NIV unless otherwise noted
If you are interested, you can click on the Blog Archive 
  dates on the top right side of this post to connect 
  to previous blog posts
I would love to hear from you either on the      
  comment section of this blog post
  or through my email  
  debbieamcewen@gmail.com

I post every other Saturday 

The next post will be January 28, 2017

May God bless you greatly until we meet again.





             In the late fall there were many dozens of Canada geese
                      at the playground in Madrid, NY

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Debbie! Love it... and you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Debbie! Love it... and you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, your poetry is very touching and the photos and Scripture beautifully illustrate your message of hope. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete