Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Are You Wounded?

Is your heart empty of JOY and life like this deserted house?
Do you have trouble and pain in your life?

Is your heart hurting?
Is there trouble and strife, stress, sickness, tragedy, sadness and turmoil in your life?

Look up.
Look to the One who is weeping for you
    and with you.

When the storm clouds are at their worst, Jesus will break through.

He cares
He will hold your heart in His loving hands
    and give you peace



Jesus leads us to the magnificent sunset at the end of a terrible day
          and gives peace to the soul.


Cry to Him
He is listening

He too suffered from the evils of the world
His heart was stomped into the ground
He was left raw and bleeding to death
His heart was pierced for us
Do you ever feel that life is beating you down?
The world closed in around Jesus and beat Him down the way nature is deteriorating this old house. 
Go to Jesus and He will help you through whatever life gives you. 


And He is God

He didn’t have to do this for us
But He loves us so much, He did it anyhow

And He would do it again – just for you

Hold out your hand to Him
He is there waiting for you


Run to the light that is Jesus and know that you will find your peace.

He will hold you and cry with you
He will dry your eyes and give you peace

He will help you through the worst

When you are wounded, go to Jesus

And know that you are loved!




“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
   Psalm 23:1-4
A beautiful sunset on the St. Lawrence River from Ogdensburg, NY. 
 
I Give It All To You
I'm running on empty
The gage is getting low
My reserve has been depleted
My heart is full of woe
I'm turning to You, Lord
You will know just what to do
I cannot manage on my own
I give it all to You
I Know that You are with me
You've been here every day
You've known me from conception
Your love is here to stay
I only have to call out
And lift my hand to You
You will come to my rescue
You will always see me through
My heart is filled with joy now
You filled it with Your love
You always come to help me
You lift me from above

I put my self in Your hands
I give it all to You
I give You all my problems
You always see me through



So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper;
I will not be afraid
What can mere mortals do to me?"

Hebrews 13:6


Our goal is the far mountain.  We cannot make it on our own.  We don't have to. We have the Holy Spirit and we have the fellowship and support of our fellow travelers who are headed to the same destination.  Together, we will make it.
This is Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid, NY.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The LORD will guard your going out
and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.
Psalm 121:6-10



When times get very difficult to bear find a house of God to feed your soul and to lead you home to your Father who is waiting patiently and lovingly for you.   Find a church that will feed you with the Word of God. Become part of a church family who will help you on your walk with Jesus. 
Pray, pray, pray at all times.  Your Father is patiently waiting to hear from you.
He always listens and always answers.  It will be His will, His way and in His time.  And His answer will always be in your best interest - in the long run.
This church is near South Colton, NY.  
I attend Knapps Station Community Church in Knapps Station, NY.


Blessings From United Prayer  is a blog post from my friend Jean Oathout discussing the value of prayer.

Commentary
When I wrote "Are You Wounded?" I was crying. My heart and soul were hurting for some problems that I had and for all the problems around me.  

There is so much difficulty, sickness and tragedy in the world.

Satan has a firm grip on so many situations and so many people. 

However, Satan is NOT the one in control. 

God is firmly in control. 

When Jesus was born, Satan thought he would eliminate Him when Herod killed all the baby boys. Joseph has to flee with Mary and Jesus but Jesus was safe. 

Satan thought he won the final battle when Jesus died on the cross.  However, Jesus rose from the dead and conquered death and Satan for us.  

Jesus always wins in the end.  

And so will we - if we just hang in there and trust in the One who loves us more than earthly life itself.  

We can be assured that a life following Jesus won't be easy BUT Jesus will walk every step with us and will lead us to victory.  
Remember the saying, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." 

Every step of this blog post has been blocked and difficult.  The computer has been anything but cooperative.  This has been very busy this week.  

However, with God's help we can and will get through everything that Satan and the world throw at us.

With Jesus at our side we will always be overcomers. 

When we follow Jesus we will always win.


Jesus walks with us through the storm and gives us a rainbow.
He leads us to victory and to our heavenly reward.
We only have to hang in there.

He said, "Do not be afraid, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 2Kings 6:16



Book Reviews



The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado  is a sweet Christmas story that could have come right out of Dickens.  We can never discount the power of a Christmas miracle. I borrowed this from the Knapps Station Library.  I recommend this.  

 

Why the Nativity? 25 Compelling Reasons We
Celebrate the Birth of Jesus by David Jeremiah
addresses 25 thought provoking questions surrounding the birth of Jesus.


Cover art

Reaching for the Invisible God by Philip Yancey

is one of those gems to be read slowly and digested thoughtfully.  He gives so much meat to feed the soul.  If you let him, Mr Yancey will guide you to a deeper relationship with your Father.  I heartily recommend this book.


Cover art

Basic Christianity by John Stott
discusses some basic Christian principles including was Jesus Christ the son of God? A good read for everyone.


The sun shining on the snow in my backyard.  
                              The Son is the light of our lives.

The Blessing

May the new year bring you 
   to the One who is seeking you
May you come to see that He truly loves you
   and will never lead you astray.
And may you find the peace
   that surpasses all understanding

   In our Loving Father


All photos taken by Debbie and Tim McEwen unless otherwise noted- 
  used with permission
All bible reference from the NIV unless otherwise noted
If you are interested, you can click on the Blog Archive 
  dates on the top right side of this post to connect 
  to previous blog posts
I would love to hear from you either on the      
  comment section of this blog post
  or through my email  
  debbieamcewen@gmail.com

I post every other Saturday 

The next post will be January 14, 2017

Happy New Year to you my friend and may God Bless you greatly!




This huge pile of logs was located near Santa Clara, NY.  We saw it last Spring.  I've seen lots of logging but never a pile this huge.

8 comments:

  1. Debbie, Thank you for this beautiful post. The photos that you picked bring great clarity to the words that you chose. Your poem is beautiful. I can feel God' s tenderness and love...and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I try my best to listen for God's words and follow His leading. Whatever is done well is only due to Him.

      Delete
  2. I agree with the previous comment, Debbie. You've done an exceptional job with this one! Keep up the good word, God is with you in your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God leads the way and I only follow. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Debbie

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reassurance, we all need it and it fits so well Bless you and may this new year bring you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. He blesses me each and every day, in so many ways - including with the wonderful friends that He has put in my path. Bless you, my friend.

      Delete
  4. Good morning Debbie...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.
    This is lovely, encouraging blog and the pictures are very important to the message you have shared...GOD REALLY IS TOO GOOD!
    From Canada with LOVE...GOD BE GLORIFIED in each of our lives...unite us with YOUR love FATHER....all over the world the SPIRIT of GOD is moving in the hearts of men women boys and girls.
    The Grace, Love, Mercy and Peace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST be with you.......
    Blessings ******* Bonnie*JOY HEBREWS 12:2
    v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Afternoon Bonnie. It is so exciting to get such an encouraging comment from someone I don't yet know. Thank you so much for your comment. The Holy Spirit leads and I try my best to follow. All credit goes to Him. May He bless you greatly and may your Godly enthusiasm catch fire with everyone you meet. Debbie

    ReplyDelete