Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

And the Clouds Parted


The clouds are gray and threatening.
It’s been raining.
The wind blows leaves hither and yon.

My mood is down-cast.
So much is happening
So many problems at home and in the world
So many issues to deal with.
Sometimes it’s over-whelming.

And the clouds parted.
The sun shone through.
The sky is still gray with patches of blue




But the day brightens
My mood brightens

My father is telling me that regardless of how dark my life becomes, He is with me always, beside me, helping with all my problems, with all life’s issues.

He says “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5
He never has and never will.

I am never alone.

He has a plan for me, a plan to help and not to hurt me – or you.

Be blessed, my friend.


This is the day the Lord had made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11



                        God gives us rainbows to remind us 
               that He walks with us through each of life's trials.

Happy New Year dear friend.
It's the time to reflect on what happened in 2018 and think about what we would like to accomplish in 2019.  I would encourage you to pray and ask God what He would like you to accomplish in 2019.
Your true happiness and fulfillment will come when you are working with your Father and living the life that He has planned for you.  I wish that happiness and fulfillment for you and that 2019 is your best year yet.

All photos taken by Debbie McEwen
All bible reference from the NIV
     unless otherwise noted.
If you are interested,
    you can click on the Blog Archive
    dates on the top right side of this post
    to connect to previous blog posts.
I would love to hear from you either 
    on the comment section of this blog post
    or through my email.
    debbieamcewen@gmail.com
I usually post every other Saturday.
Lately I have been very busy with Grandma duties on weekends 
    so I may try to post during the week.

The next post should be in about 2 weeks.

                               I'll close with a beautiful sunset.  
             I am so blessed that God has planted me in a beautiful area 
             and that He sets up wonderful scenery for me to photograph.
                            When I look at His wonderful sunsets, 
                 God seems to be saying "See you in the morning, child.
                                         Tomorrow is a new day, 
                             wait till you see the plans I have for you.
                      "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
                           plans to give you hope and a future. "  

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. Hope you have a blessed week, my friend. Debbbie

      Delete
  2. Thank you Debbie for your post. I find these reminders of God’s presence and promises to of great encouragement this morning. My future is in His hands and it will not lead to destruction but to a spiritually prosperous future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God loves you so very much and will never stop loving you. You are His child and He will never let you go. Be blessed, Jason.

      Delete
  3. Great post, Debbie! This is one of my favorites. Simply beautiful!Thank you! May God continue to encourage you as you faithfully write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. Blessings for a wonderful New Year for you, Jon and your loved ones. Debbie

      Delete
  4. Lovely post Debbie. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. Happy New Year to you too. Blessings to you and Rick for a happy and healthy and as pain free as possible year.

      Delete