Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Time Races By



"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

My life is passing so quickly.
Days merge, a blur
Weeks and months disappear, gone forever

What did I do?
Did I make each day count?
Did my life count?
Am I living in the moment?

Or am I just existing and riding the tide of life passing by? 



Will I leave my footprint as I pass?
Will it matter that I lived, that I existed?
Will I make a positive difference in anyone’s life?

Can I try to do that each day?
With little kindnesses and encouragements and smiles?

Can I treat my brother as myself, reflect a little of God’s love on each so each sees God through me?

If I can do that, then my life will matter as I race to my eternal home.

Then I will leave each of my footprints topped with the Cross for others to follow, 

as time races by.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace. Acts 20:24

               As I race through my life, 
      am I racing for the gold or to the Son?
      It really does make quite a difference
                  when I get to eternity.
                       Think about it.

Prayer Request:
Please pray for kindness, love and tolerance for all of us.  There is so much hate and intolerance that is growing in our country and around the world.  Please pray for God to take our hearts of stone and give us hearts of flesh so we love God first and foremost.  And then that we love each (that is every other person in the world) as we love ourselves.  These are the 2 great commandments that Jesus gave us.

May God bless you greatly, my friend with His mighty love and grace.

Apology:  I apologize that it has taken me 2 months to publish another blog.  As my blog says, I have been very busy and the days flew by.  I will try very hard to publish every 2 weeks from now on.  I ask your forgiveness and appreciate your understanding. 


                    As your life races by,


            stop by the church of your choice,
               to review your road map for life.
                   God's Word, the Bible 
        is the best road map for life that exists.
     This church is near Paul Smith's College, NY.


                      This my church, 
          Knapps Station Community Church.
                   I feed my soul here 
            as I worship and study the Bible 
              and fellowship with others. 
         
All photos taken by Debbie McEwen
All bible reference from the NIV
     unless otherwise noted.


If you are interested,
    you can click on the Blog Archive
    dates on the top right side of this post
    to connect to previous blog posts.
I would love to hear from you either 
    on the comment section of this blog post
    or through my email.
    debbieamcewen@gmail.com
I usually post every other Saturday.
Lately I have been very busy with Grandma duties on weekends 
    so I may try to post during the week.


                      As your life races by,
            remember to check out the beauty 
              that God places on your path.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back on. Nice thoughts, time does fly by, and there in only one true Destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following and commenting. My days whiz by way too fast and their speed seems to be accelerating. Hope to see you at Writer's Group next week. Debbie

      Delete
  2. Always timely and to the point. Glad you're back. Summer is almost here and we'll see each other again real soon.

    ReplyDelete