Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

Why Did I Do That?

  
The rainbow is a sign of God's faithfulness to us. 


Did you ever say or do anything you wish you could take back? 

I can remember speaking so many unkind or foolish words, committing so many ungodly actions.  

I never killed anyone or robbed a bank or beat up anyone but I have thought nasty thoughts.  I have said hurtful words.  I did some things that I really wish I never had.  

I have asked God and others for forgiveness but I so wish I could take back the hurtful things I have said and done.  It bothers me that I hurt others and most of all that I hurt God with my thoughts, words and deeds.  

I have wondered why I did those things.  It occurs to me that they were learning experiences and I'm trying very hard to learn from them.
  
I’m learning to watch what thoughts I allow to stay in my mind. My thoughts affect my words and ultimately my actions. 

I’m learning to be more watchful especially during stressful times.  I’m learning that I must carefully choose what I think, say and do rather than to merely allow them to happen as they will.  

I’m learning to feed my mind, that is my thoughts, with God’s word (the Bible) rather than the stuff that the world is promoting.  Then I have the “good stuff” (Godly stuff) to fall back on when I need it.  

I will never be perfect but with the effort I have less to regret and so more to offer for God’s honor and glory.

     Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.
    Keep your mouth free of perversity;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
    Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
Proverbs 4:23-25






When I look at the beauty all around me, I see the love and magnificence of God.  I never cease to be amazed by His attention to detail and how He decorates the world for our enjoyment.


Amazing


It is amazing how loving, forgiving and patient you are with me, Lord.  Your quiet voice gently encourages me to do what You know is best.  

There are times when I just do as I please.  Other times I am very obedient but certainly not always.  Sometimes I feel like a very young child just foolishly wanting things her way.  

There are times when You give consequences as any loving parent does to teach Your child right from wrong.  Usually You just gently nudge.  

You never fail to show Your incredible love.  

Considering my advanced age, most of the rebellion should be out of my system by now.  But it’s not.  

You were so patient and loving from the time I first discovered You.  You are just as patient now.  

I’m trying to listen more closely and trying to be obedient but I fall short so many times.  

No matter how many times You have to repeat Yourself, You are never impatient, never cross.  You just keep encouraging me.  

You keep refining me, guiding me along the right path, Your path, showing me the way home for eternity.  

How blessed I am to have my wonderful, amazing Father.

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;  Daniel 9:9


                                                                      Crocuses


                                         A raft of geese at  Black Lake, NY


                            View from Burlington, VT


Will Spring Never Come??


Grass is trying to turn green but recent freezing cold stalls it in place.

Trees are budded.  Tulip leaves have risen 3 or 4 inches out of the ground.  Frigid chills prevent further progress.

Even blue skies with wispy clouds and bright sunshine are overwhelmed by wintry winds bitter bite.

Mother Nature is teasing.  She gave us Springtime warmth and then brought back late Winter’s chill.  I had heard the joyful songs of froggy peepers and spring birds but the renewed chill has silenced them. 

Enough games, Mother Nature.  Allow Spring to awaken.
 
Arise Sister Spring. Come and dance the joyful dance of new life. 

My soul craves your warm breezes, the spring green of your new grass and newly minted leaves, the bright colors of your early flowers and your bird songs.  I even miss your buzzing insects.

Awaken.   

Bring your warmth, your colors and your new life.  

Come and touch my soul.  

Rejuvenate me.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Psalms 51:10



                            Bridge at Rouses Point, NY


 Springtime Blessings

May our Divine Lord bless you with renewed faith
May He bless you with renewal of mind and soul and body
And may your days be blessed with His everlasting joy.



    Even in the absence of visible life, there is beauty in all God has created.


All photos taken by Debbie and Tim McEwen - 
  used with permission
All bible reference from the NIV unless otherwise noted
If you are interested, you can click on the Blog Archive 
  on the top right side of this post to connect 
  to previous blog posts
I post every other Saturday 
The next post will be 4-23-2016
I hope to see you then.  
In the meantime, God's blessings on you, my friend.  Debbie 




6 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts and inspiring pictures. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi: Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Debbie

      Delete
  2. Jason Fogg

    Thank you Debbie for reminding me of God's faithfulness and His love. I do need to guard my heart and keep out the lies about God and who I am to Him. I get tired and start accepting all types of junk in my head as truth and before I know it God doesn't seem close to me or for me anymore. I need to stand firmer on taking my thoughts captive and accepting only truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason: Thank you for your kind words. I am humbled. It is a blessing for me to be able to share the words that God has given me and what I have learned in some of our bible studies.
      Blessing for you and your family. Debbie

      Delete