Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Prepare the Way of the Lord



            
                                           Altar at Knapps Station Community Church

"Let the peace of Christ rule your hearts, since as one body you were called in peace."  Col. 3:15

Advent is upon us.  This is the time when we are preparing for Christmas, for the time when God sent His only son to live with us, to teach us how to treat each other and how to live as His children are supposed to live.

There is so much need this year. Maybe the need has always been here.  Terrorists are menacing and killing whole groups of people all over the world.  Refuges, huge numbers of people, have no place to go.  Many are dying unspeakable deaths.  

So many people are hungry, homeless, lacking medical care.  So many are depressed.   So many are hopeless.  

We read about people with unimaginable amounts of wealth.  Do they help? Some do, some don’t.  

It’s easy to paint the oppressors, the terrorists, the wealthy as the villains and hate them.  However, God loves them just as much as He loves you and me. They just don't know it.

We pray for the victims and we should.  

But we must also pray for the terrorists and the abusers however guilty they are.  As much as we are God’s creation, they are too.  Each of us has hurts, needs and wants that only God can satisfy.  He is the medicine that can cure all ills.  

Let me repeat, Jesus is the medicine that can cure all ills. 

It is only through Jesus, that people will be happy, will have their needs met, will be secure and loved.  Everything else is empty.  

It would be great if we could eliminate the need to pray for victims and the only way that I can think of that possibly happening is if Jesus touches the hearts of all and opens those hearts to His love.  

Only if Jesus is working in the hearts of everyone will we eliminate anyone from becoming a victim.

In this time of peace and good will to all men, please pray with me for all the terrorists, all the abusers and everyone who would hurt anyone, even accidentally.  Please pray that God touches their hearts and that all hearts are open to His love, His grace, His mercy and His forgiveness.

We have all been guilty at least one time and Jesus forgave us when we asked.  Let us all treat each other as we want to be treated and pray that everyone else does the same.  

Then this truly will be a time of good will to all men.

"A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you love one another."  John 14:34-35




                          Time To Dream
           
                                  By Debbie McEwen @2015

Like a grand lady putting away her colorful finery, fall has settled into a limitless palette of browns, beige and the occasional dark red.  Only the grass and the evergreens are still green. 

The sun shines brightly today in a clear blue sky but provides no warmth.   Shadows are longer. Stark bare trees stand like sentinels ready to brave the upcoming storms. Canadian geese honk a mournful tune as they soar the skies in distinctive v formations.    

The ground seems to be sighing “Winter, I’m ready for my sleep.  Bring your cold,  but cover me with your snow to protect my roots and flowers.  Please be gentle with all my wild creatures.

I am ready to rest.  As I sleep, I will dream of the warm southern winds, the bird songs and the flowers waiting to explode with my finest colors. 

I will dream of all the young who will cavort through my forests, streams and skies.  They please me with their joy in being alive.  

I await the melting brooks whose waters will trickle over my rocks with lively melodies.  I await the trees that will burst forth with buds and leaves.  I dream of the fields that will spring into life.  

But now it is time to rest.  Come, Father Winter, cover me for my long sleep and let me enjoy my dreams of upcoming spring.”  

"There is a time for everything
         and a season for every activity under the heavens."  Ecc. 3:1



Thank you for taking the time out of you busy week to spend time with me.


May your days be filled with God's love and peace.

When you rest for the night, I wish you: 
           Good Sleep, Sweet Dreams and may God bless you, my Friend.

                                                                                                  Debbie

Photos taken by Debbie McEwen
Biblical quotes from the New International Version.
            

2 comments: